15 Apr Weekly Recipe Round (16) Up
I am seriously excited about this week’s round of recipes (I know, I know, what else is new) because I’m starting a brand new workout program Monday!!
Have y’all heard of 22 Minute Hard Corps??? It’s Tony Horton’s newest workout program and it’s daily exercises, done at home in…you guessed it…22 minutes!! BAM!!! It’s a no non-sense, boot-camp style workout to get it done!!!
And by the way – if this sounds like your jam – hit me up and I’ll send you the link to order it!!!!
And guess what? There’s a complete nutrition plan that comes with the program- NOT a diet plan, a nutrition plan – and lucky for you, I’m going to share a few recipes with you from it!!!!
Bison Broccoli Stir Fry
This makes 3 servings (1 serving = 1 red, 1 green, 1 tsp)
4 oz. ground bison
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 cup broccoli florets
- cook 12 oz. ground bison (or sliced bison steak, or lean ground beef) in 3 tsp. coconut oil until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle bison with cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper if desired.
- Divide bison evenly between three food containers. Add 1 cup broccoli to each container, cover, and place in fridge.
Sesame Chicken with Asparagus
This makes 3 servings (1 serving = 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 orange)
¾ rotisserie chicken breast
5 roasted asparagus spears
½ cup steamed snap peas
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
½ cup brown rice
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle the brown rice with ½ tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. chili powder, 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, and as much chopped cilantro as you’d like, then stir to combine.
2. Fill three food containers with ½ cup each of the rice mixture. Top with ¾ of a rotisserie chicken breast, 5 spears of asparagus, and ½ cup snap peas. Sprinkle vegetables with 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds.
Quinoa Shrimp Cocktail
Makes 2 servings (1 serving =1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 orange)
1 cup lettuce
¾ cup cocktail shrimp or cooked shrimp
½ cup cooked quinoa
1 chopped green onion
wedge of lime
drizzled with vinaigrette
1. 1 cup of lettuce.
2. Top with ¾ cup cocktail shrimp (or cooked shrimp), ½ cup quinoa, 1 chopped green onion, as much cilantro as you want, and a wedge of lime. Cover containers and place in fridge.
3. Just before serving drizzle with vinaigrette.
Grilled Turkey Lettuce Wrap
Makes 2 servings (1 serving =
8 oz. ground turkey half
Salt and Pepper to taste
Any other seasoning as desired (like Paprika)
1 Tomato, sliced
- Divide turkey in half and hape each half into a patty; season with salt and pepper or other spices if desired.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook patties for 3–4 minutes, then flip. Cook for an additional 3–4 minutes, or until patties are no longer pink in the center
- Place the turkey burgers on 2 a bed of lettuce, top with 2 tomatoes and drizzle with 1tsp of balsamic vinegar and olive oil RIGHT BEFORE serving
Don’t forget: SHARING IS CARING!! Share this post on all of your personal social media pages!! Share it with your friends and co-workers!
AND if you want to do 22 Min Hard Corp with me then don’t forget to send me a message!!
On Facebook you can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/Thisfitlife/