20 Mar Weekly Recipe Round (12) Up
Week 12 of weekly dinner recipes (how has it been 12 weeks already?!?) is here!!!! The theme this week…drum roll please…is dinner recipes from my online accountability groups! I usually have about 2 going on at a time (like right now) and in case you don’t know what they are (where have you been?) than here’s a quick explanation:
A BIG piece of this health and fitness road I’ve been traveling on is running online, health and nutrition-focused accountability groups. We offer meal plans, clean-eating recipes, support, fitness and nutrition tips, daily exercises AND, of course, TONS of support and motivation! The women and mamas in these groups seriously keep me on track and I am very grateful to them! There is NOTHING quite like gathering a group of women together who are all determined to reach their goals! Just to give you an idea of how truly POWERFUL and LIFE-CHANGING these groups can be, I’ll share with you some of the things that people have said to me about them…(and then yes….I’ll get to the recipes…)
- I want to say thank you. You have shown me that it isn’t easy. But you have shown me that it’s possible.
- Good stuff! So glad I’m doing it. The focus is apparently something I’ve been slacking on!
- Felling proud: Have a super sweet tooth tonight…Instead of giving in to something I’d regret, I blended frozen mango, yogurt and a squeeze of honey for a yummy “ice cream” treat.
- Decided to weigh myself this morning and I couldn’t be happier! I’m down 8 lbs in 7 days!! Feeling so motivated and loving this lifestyle change!! Thank you so much for introducing me to Shakology!
- I want to say thank you because you are the main reason I did that 15k race this weekend. You are a big part of how I got there.
- Morning fuel – Shakeology! Pants are loose this morning! Have to go down another size. Feeling pumped!
- This group definitely makes all the difference! So thankful to have found you!
I seriously LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hearing this stuff! This is what it’s all about…changing lives…developing positive habits…making a difference!
I have one already that’s been going on since the beginning of March and I have a shorter, 5 day one that is starting TOMORROW!! So, because I’m excited about that, because I’m excited about all the women and mamas I get to help for the next week, I want to share my FAVORITE dinner recipes from these groups so far…
And just FYI – they all have the 21 Day Fix container counts because typically, many people in the accountability groups are following that!
And one more FYI – there are no pictures for these recipes because there are not any on the recipe documents that we upload to the group…want to know why?? Because we take pictures of the recipes/food we make and share them with each other in the group (for accountability and motivation purposes)
Vegetarian Pizza Salad
Container count- 2 green, ½ blue, ½ orange, 1 tsp
1 tsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. tomato sauce, no sugar added
½ tsp. dried oregano
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 cup fresh arugula
1 cup romaine lettuce
10 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
¼ medium green bell pepper, sliced
¼ medium onion, sliced
¼ cup sliced mushrooms
5 black olives, sliced
2 bocconcini (small mozzarella balls) (about 1 oz.)
1 pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- To make dressing, combine oil, vinegar, tomato sauce, and oregano in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Combine arugula, romaine, basil, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and dressing in a large serving bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Top with bocconcini and crushed red pepper (if desired); serve immediately.
Container count- 1 red, 1 green, 1 tsp
1 bag frozen precooked, de-veined and shell-off shrimp,
cook from frozen (thaw for faster cook time)
2 tsp coconut oil
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp paprika
3 cloves minced garlic
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
¾ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp low sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, for serving
- Combine all seasonings and shrimp in bowl, toss to coat
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp when pan is hot.
- Brown each side for about a minute (if thawed)
- Remove shrimp once cooked through.
- Pour broth into the skillet and scrape the brown bits. Bring to a boil until the broth thickens.
- Remove skillet from heat and add shrimp back into the thickened broth. Toss to coat.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately
Note – Serve over spaghetti squash with a side of roasted veggies and garnish with cilantro. I added hot sauce to mine and feta cheese is delicious with this too! Enjoy!
Crockpot Pork Carnitas
Container count: 1 red, 1 yellow
3 lbs of Pork Loin (you can also use chicken or beef if you don’t eat pork- like me)
1 bay leaf
1½ cup of water
2 tbsp of chili powder
2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of ground coriander
½ tsp cloves
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp oregano
Container count: 1 yellow, 2 green, 1 blue
2 corn tortillas
2 greens of your choice
1 blue of avocado
1 blue shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all spices together except the bay leaf in a bowl. Rub down the entire pork loin with the spices and place in your slow cooker.
- Add the bay leaf and water and cook on low for 6–8 hrs.
- Keep an eye on the pork just to make sure the water doesn’t absorb and it dries out. If you have to add more liquid please do.
- Your pork should pull apart easily so you can shred it. Once you it is able to be shredded take it from the crock pot, shred, and then place back into the crock pot. Stir the meat to coat with the juices. You can fill a red container.
- For the extras, lightly spray your corn tortillas with cooking spray (use coconut oil or avocado oil cooking spray) and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Crisp in the oven on 350°F degrees for 8–10 mins until desired crispiness.
- Place the pork meat in the tortillas and add toppings listed above.
For an additional topping, see Cilantro Lime Topping…
Cilantro Lime Topping
Container count: 1 red, ½ green
1 cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
1 lime cut into wedges for garnish
- Combine these ingredients in a bowl for the dressing and set aside.
English Muffin Mini Pizzas
Serving Size 1: 1 Yellow, 1 Purple, 1 Blue
2 whole wheat English muffins (100 calorie or less ones)
1 purple container of sauce
1 blue container of shredded mozzarella
Seasonings /other toppings of your choice
- Split muffins and bake at 350 degrees until toasted (can also use regular toaster oven)
- Divide sauce evenly among the four halves
- Divide the cheese among four halves and top with seasonings and other toppings of your choice
- Return to oven/ toaster until cheese is melted
Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet makes 4 servings
Container Count: 1 ¼ Red, ½ Green, 1 Blue, 1 Yellow
1 lb lean ground beef
4 slices turkey bacon, coarsely chopped
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2-3/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
3/4-1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
1 whole grain pita pocket (if you choose)
- In a 12″ skillet, cook turkey bacon until done to your liking.
- Remove and dice the bacon into small pieces.
- Brown beef, breaking it up as it browns.
- When beef is brown, add all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle cheese over meat, re-cover until melted.
- Serve over fresh lettuce or in a whole grain pita pocket
REMEMBER: Sharing is Caring! If you like these recipes…if you like this blog…don’t forget to SHARE it with others and post it on your personal social media pages!