06 Jan Lasagna My Way
Have you ever been in the kitchen, staring at the contents of the inside of your fridge, wondering what the heck you are going to make for dinner tonight?
Have you ever been too lazy? Like legitimately too lazy to look up a recipe on your phone? To wait for Google to load the page? To scroll through the plethora of options? To click on each aforementioned option and see if you have all the ingredients to make said option?
Well, me too!
For me, many times, it takes less mental energy to whip up something with what I find in my fridge vs. leafing through the hundreds of thousands of recipes available online. Plus, I usually tweak the recipes I do find because:
- I like to make them healthier
- I’m not very good at reading directions
- Or following directions
Now, I’m about to share with you a recipe of mine that turned out really good (If I do say so myself) and I would just like to point out, maybe before you do, that I am quite aware of the irony of this post.
Here I am, telling you I’m too lazy to look through recipes online but yet, here I am…adding another recipe to the online mix.
Nevertheless, here it is!
It’s simple. It’s versatile (I’ll add notes at the end to give you ideas). It’s low-carb.
This Fit Life Lasagna
2 large zucchini, cubed
1, 28 oz can of tomato sauce
4 cups of mozzarella cheese (or mixed Italian cheese)
15 oz of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1 TBSP of Italian Seasoning
Parsley for Garnish
- Pour the tomato sauce into a pan, add the Italian seasoning and let it simmer while you assemble the lasagna. Stir occasionally.
- Cube the zucchini and layer half of it at the bottom of the 13×9 pan. Place about 3-4 large dollops of ricotta cheese on top – spreading it out evenly.
- Lightly sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Repeat (so you have 2 layers of zucchini, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese
- Remove the sauce from the heat and pour it evenly over the ingredients – making sure all the veggies are covered
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and any remaining mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle parsley on top for garnish
- Bake in the oven at 350F or 175C for 30-40 minutes (until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown
- Eat and enjoy!
Serving tips: A side salad and/or some Paleo bread
-Used cubed yellow squash instead
-Use cubed butternut squash
-Add a layer of fresh spinach
-Add meat such as Italian sausage, ground beef (or turkey) or meatballs
If you like this recipe – let me know and leave a comment!
Share it on your social media pages!