In 6 days I will be embarking on my Ultimate Reset journey. This 21 day program is designed to reset your body to it’s “factory settings” (so to speak). There’s a complete guidebook on how this is to be done. Essentially you end up eating a vegan diet (which is totally fine with me since I could care less about meat!)
After the 21 days, it’s recommended to ease back into regular eating habits…so…in light of that…I thought I’d share some delicious 21 Day Fix Approved vegetarian recipes!
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ¼ inch oblong pieces from end to end.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced, or 1 tsp garlic power
- 1 cup of organic spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of 2% cottage cheese
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 4 tbs of goat cheese to sprinkle on top
- 2 tbs oil
- Pre-heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place middle rack in the oven.
- Take eggplant pieces and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Salt the eggplant and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Roast in the oven for 12 minutes and baste with oil.
- Take the chopped onion, minced garlic and olive oil and place into a skillet to saute until both the garlic and onion become translucent and soft, do this while the eggplant is roasting.
- In another small mixing bowl add in the cottage cheese, chopped spinach, basil, oregano, parsley, sauteed garlic and onion to mix thoroughly.
- Take a ½ cup of marinara sauce and using a spoon spread evenly on the bottom of the 2 qt glass Pyrex casserole dish.
- Pat your eggplant strips dry and place 2 tablespoons full of the cottage cheese mixture into the top of the eggplant and roll up. Place the eggplant roll up into the dish with the seam facing down.
- Repeat this process until you have no more eggplant and cottage cheese.
- Take 2.5 cups left of the marinara sauce and spread over the top of the eggplant roll ups.
- Sprinkle the 4 tablespoons of goat cheese over the top of the roll ups and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- serving = 1 eggplant medium sized eggplant rollup (some are smaller due to the end of the eggplant so the largest size you make I consider 1 serving)
- The 21 Day Fix containers = 1 green container, ½ red container, ½ blue container, ½ purple and 2 tsps
CHEESY SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 16oz container of lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 jar of no sugar added marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup of cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees while you cook your spaghetti squash. We typically slice the spaghetti squash in half, place it on a platter with a small amount of water and steam it in the microwave for 10-12 minutes until cooked.
- Scoop out the seeds, then use a fork to pull the spaghetti squash from the sides so it resembles spaghetti and place it into a bowl
- Add one container of cottage cheese, Italian herbs and one jar of marinara sauce to the bowl.
- Mix until well combined and then add to an 8×10 banking dish.
- Top with one cup of cheese and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the dish is warm throughout and the cheese is bubbly.
- Slice casserole into 6 portions.
One slice counts as 2 green, 1/2 red, and 1 blue container. (serves 6)
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup whole, peeled canned tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- Herbs of your choice (we usedHerbs de Provance and oregeno)
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and insides removed
- 2/3 cups shredded cheese
- To start, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and also start to make up your quinoa. Upon cooking, it usually doubles in size so keep that in mind while making your quinoa. Once cooked, remove from heat.
- In a saucepan, sautee sliced mushrooms until soft.
- Add garlic until fragrant then add the can of tomatoes. Use your spoon to break them up a bit.
- Mix in quinoa and your herbs.
- Scoop filling into each bell pepper.
- Pop them into a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Put your oven on broil and place the peppers back in for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is toasted and bubbly.
This recipe counts as 2 green containers, 1 yellow, and 1/2 of a blue container. (serves 4)
CHUNKY VEGETABLE CHILI
2 tsp. olive oil
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. chile powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes, undrained
1 (15-oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained, rinsed
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce, no sugar added
1 medium zucchini, cubed
6 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add sweet potatoes, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add chile powder, cumin, tomatoes, chickpeas, beans, and tomato sauce. Stir to combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
4. Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
5. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. yogurt.
container counts: 1/2 green, 2 yellow