Alright y’all! As I said, I’m back on this blog and one of the things I like to do is post a weekly dinner menu. Let’s face it – it’s HARD to come up with meals that are HEALTHY for your family and relatively easy to make. Maybe it’s not that hard…but…having to do it every…single…week makes it seem tedious and monotonous.
If I don’t have the mental energy to devote some of my creativity to meal planning for the week, I’ll ask my husband – “What do you want for dinner this week?”
His answer usually? “I don’t know. Food.” OR “Something with meat.”
(Insert eye roll here)
I don’t know if it goes like that in your house or not…but in case it does…my goal is to make it simple for you!!
So…here you go…here are 4, HEALTHY and TASTY meals you can make!!!
P.S. They are all Paleo since my plan this week is to follow the Ultimate Reset recipes for breakfast and lunch and have a Paleo meal for dinner.
CHICKEN SATAY WITH CREAM ALMOND SAUCE AND CUCUMBER SALAD
½ small bunch cilantro
2 English cucumbers
1 (1 inch) piece ginger root
1 lime½ medium red onion
crushed red pepper
natural almond butter
tamari soy sauce
virgin coconut oil
1 (1 inch) piece ginger 3 tbsp natural almond butter 2 tbsp warm water 2 tbsp rice vinegar 1 ½ tbsp gluten-free soy sauce ½ tbsp honey ½ lime 1 tsp turmeric ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
2. Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add ½ (save the rest for the salad) to the medium bowl.
½ small bunch cilantro
1 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
about 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
½ lime 2 tbsp rice vinegar 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce 1 tbsp honey ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
½ medium red onion 2 English cucumbers
ZUCCHINI AND SWEET POTATO FRITTATA
- 2 tbsp butter (Ghee) or coconut oil;
- 8 eggs;
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in slices;
- 2 sliced zucchinis;
- 1 sliced red bell pepper;
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan over a medium-low heat;
- Add the oil and sweet potato slices and cook until soft, about 8 minutes;
- Add the zucchini and red bell pepper slices and cook for another 4 minutes;
- While it cooks, whisk the eggs in a bowl, making sure to incorporate a lot of air in the mixture;
- Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper and add to the cooking veggies;
- Cook on low heat until just set, about 10 minutes;
- Finish the frittata until golden under a heated broiler.
- Cut the finished frittata into wedges and serve with fresh parsley.
PALEO PIZZA SOUP
- 12 oz chicken sausage, sliced (check ingredients)
- 4 oz uncured pepperoni, cut into 4ths
- 1 25 oz jar marinara (check ingredients for no added sugar or oil)
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 16oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 3oz can sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook all ingredients until the onions and mushrooms are tender or for 30 minutes.
- Taste add any extra seasonings as desired.
- Serve hot!
You can servie TServe hot! S
- 1 pound chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 package basil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it sizzles. Slice the onion into strips while the oil heats, and then add it to the pan. Cook until translucent.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the chicken to the pan. Cook for 12 minutes, then flip over and cook for 13 more minutes. (To get the best sear, avoid moving it around too much between flips). Chicken should be cooked through. If it is not, continue to cook until chicken has no pink in the middle and juice run clear).
- Meanwhile, prepare the pesto: place the garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the garlic is finely minced. Add the sunflower seeds and pulse serval times. Add the nutrition yeast, a sprinkle of salt, and a dash of pepper to the food processor. Finally, add the basil and avocado oil. Pulse until the basil is well minced.
- In a small bowl, whisk the arrowroot powder into the water. Add the coconut milk, and then whisk in the pesto. Pour the sauce into the skillet with the chicken. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add the sliced cherry tomatoes. Allow to simmer for 1-2 more minutes, until tomatoes are warmed, and serve.
Tip: Serve it with a spinach salad
There you go! I hope you and your family enjoy these recipes!